27 Cleveland Street
Valhalla, New York 10595
P 914 220-1401
F 914 220-1440
  Subscribe to our email list


Why Choose Us?



Obtain A Quote

Restaurant News


Contact Us

Restaurant/Bar Liability
Restaurant Coverage
Bar/Club/Lounge Coverage
The most important fundamental coverage available to any insured is - Liability. Restaurant/Bar liability insurance provides coverage that protects against, bodily injury, property damage or personal injury claims made by someone else. What about all the other hazardous elements of your operation? There are many different things that your general liability insurance will protect you from, and each policy is different so it is very important that you have the right restaurant/bar liability coverage. If you serve alcoholic beverages, provide delivery service, or utilize bouncers you should look into the following coverages. While trying to best serve your customers do not dismiss the hidden risks of providing these perks!

GENERAL LIABILITY: General Liability insurance provides coverage that protects against, bodily injury, property damage or personal injury claims made by someone else. Some things that general liability protects you from are:
  • Injuries sustained by patrons while at your restaurant
  • Injuries that occur off premises due to your services
  • Property damage caused by you or your employees
  • Contractual issues
  • Advertising
  • Problems with your products

There are other more specific exposures that are not covered by general restaurant/bar liability coverage. General Liability provides coverage only for particular instances; look into the additional coverages below that can be purchased to ensure you are correctly insured for all the services you provide.

LIQUOR LIABILITY: Liquor Liability coverage is for bodily injury or property damage caused by an intoxicated person who was served liquor by the policyholder.

ASSAULT & BATTERY: Assault & Battery Coverage for third party liability claims arising out of any assault or battery. Coverage is patron to patron or employee to patron. Assault & Battery is a very important coverage to have at a bar, nightclub or lounge in the event of a fight.

HIRED/NON-OWNED VEHICLE LIABILITY: Hired/Non-Owned Vehicle Liability coverage provides contingent excess liability for Hired (rented) vehicles and Non-Owned vehicles (vehicles owned by employees and driven for company business.) Hired/Non-Owned Vehicle Liability limits are the same as the General Liability policy. Hired & Non-owned coverage is essential for risks that have a delivery service as you can be held responsible for accidents that your employees get into.

FOOD CONTAMINATION: "Food contamination" coverage protects you in the event of a patron getting or suspecting that they got food poisoning from food supplied by you. Check your current policy to see if you are covered for Food Contamination risks. Food contamination is one of the restaurant industries greatest areas of risk.

AUTO/VALET LIABILITY: Restaurants, night clubs, bars and lounges have very specific auto related exposures. Whether you hire a valet service, provide your own or have a delivery service - these are important factors to consider when reviewing your insurance. Make sure you protect yourself from the potential problems that come along with auto liability. Provide your Valet service coverage with Auto/Valet Liability to insure the brief time you will be utilizing customers' cars.
Restaurant Coverage
Bar/Club/Lounge Coverage